Recycling Yard InformationShare This +
720 W. Puetz Road
Hours of Operation:
- Tuesday, Friday, & Saturday from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Extended hours, Tuesdays 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., April through September
- Closed 2017 Holidays (April 14, July 4, November 24, December 26, and January 2, 2018)
Reminder to Residents:
- During times of snow and inclement weather, the City of Oak Creek drop off center may be closed to allow department employees to concentrate on plowing, sanding and other weather-related operations.
- We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you. Call 570-5682 to check recycling yard status.
- The yard is open to all occupants of a residence or other dwelling unit for which the occupant receives an individual property tax bill issued by the City of Oak Creek.
- No items may exceed 4' in length except for branches, furniture, appliances and metals.
- No contractor vehicles will be allowed into the yard.
- Have your driver's license ready.
- If you have an item that requires payment (freon appliances, TV sets, and tires,), please be ready to make that payment. ($15 / each freon appliance, $7 / each tv, and $3 / each tire)
- Please follow the direction of the yard person greeting you.
- For the safety of your children and pets, they must remain in your vehicle at all times.
- No Loitering or Scavenging - Due to high traffic volumes, especially on Saturdays, we ask that you limit your time in the yard.
- PLEASE NOTE: Gasoline engines of any type must be free of gasoline and oil.
Acceptable Recycling Yard Items:
- Appliances (Freon $15.00 each) - Doors must be removed from refrigerator & freezers
- Computer Items
- Drain Oil
- Fluorescent Tubes
- General Garbage
- Lawn Mowers
- Paper (newspaper, magazines, and telephone books)
- Propane Tanks
- Recyclables (Co-mingled aluminum cans, metal food cans, glass bottles & jars, plastics #1 through #7)
- Snow Blowers
- Televisions ($7.00 each)
- Tires (3.00 each) - Tires must be removed from rims
- Vehicular Salvage (exhaust systems, tune-up parts, shock absorbers, lights, rims)
Unacceptable Recycling Yard Items:
- Grass Clippings (including thatch)
- Hazardous Waste
- Medical Waste
- Shingles / Roofing Material
- Vehicular Salvage (except parts list above)