Health Department Now Offers Free Car Seat ChecksShare This +
The Oak Creek Health Department offers free car seat checks to all residents. Call 414-768-6539 today for an appointment!
We educate parents, caregivers, and grandparents on how to properly install a child’s car seat to reduce the chance of serious injury or death if involved in a motor vehicle crash.
If you cannot afford a car seat the Oak Creek Health Department may have seats available. Please call for availability and to see if you qualify.
Donations are accepted.
Wisconsin State Laws:
- Children must be rear-facing in a car seat until age 1 and 20 lbs.
- It is recommended that children stay in a rear-facing seat until age 2 or longer.
- A child must remain in a harness seat until age 4 and 40 lbs.
- A booster seat is required once a child has moved from a harness seat, until the child reaches one of the following: 8 yrs. Old or 80 lbs. or 4ft. 9in. tall.
- Children under the age of 12 should ride in the back seat.