Health Department now offers Assistance with Health Insurance EnrollmentShare This +
Need help getting insurance or have questions about your BadgerCare or Marketplace health coverage?
The Oak Creek Health Department is collaborating with Covering Wisconsin to offer times for community members to get their insurance questions answered by a trained insurance navigator. Appointments are available from 1-4pm the 2nd Thursday of every month. Please call 414-766-7950 to schedule!
The insurance navigator will help you with your application for BadgerCare or Marketplace insurance and answer questions you have about coverage, finding a provider, and more.
Open Enrollment for Marketplace insurance may be over, however you can qualify for Marketplace insurance if you experience a special life event. These events open up a special enrollment period if you sign up within 60 days after the special event. Special events include, but are not limited to:
- Having a baby or adopt a child?
- Getting married or divorced?
- Losing coverage at your job?
- Turning 26 and lose coverage on your parents’ policy?
- Losing coverage in a move from another state or county?
- Income changes that change your eligibility for BadgerCare Plus? (Apply anytime to BadgerCare Plus)
and, there are more situations that might apply to you!