The City is Currently Accepting Applications for the Position of Firefighter.Share This +
Starting salary $18.731/hour
The City of Oak Creek is currently accepting online applications for the position of Firefighter. The City of Oak Creek is seeking highly motivated, dedicated fire service personnel to be firefighters. The Oak Creek Fire Department is an accredited, all-hazard department staffed by 49 career firefighters.
- 18 years of age or older, at time of hire
- High School Education or equivalent
- Possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license at the time of hire
- U.S. citizenship, at time of hire
- Must pass all selection and training requirements
- Must pass thorough medical examination and job trait assessment
Additional Requirements at Time of Conditional Hire:
- State of Wisconsin Licensed Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic
- Nationally Registered Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic
- State of Wisconsin Certified Firefighter II
Required within 24 Months of Hire:
- State of Wisconsin Certified Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator
Where to Apply:
- Health Insurance: The city offers a self-funded medical plan. Employees contribute 10-15% of monthly insurance premium (percentage dependent on participation in Health Risk Assessment Program).
- Dental Insurance: Delta Dental plan
- Section 125 Plan (Flexible Spending Account)
- Pension: Wisconsin Retirement Fund. Employee pays employee share of WRS contribution rate each pay period.
- Life Insurance: Basic life insurance equal to annual salary
- Sick Leave